A History of Shaping Futures…Through QuickBooks Advisory Services
Small Business Accounting
10 Small Business Facts
- About 50% of small businesses fail in the first four years.
- 79.66% of small businesses are self-employed individuals.
- Over a third of the US working population is employed at businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
- Less than 1% of American businesses are publicly traded.
- For businesses with fewer than 5,000 employees, the average employment is 13 people.
- 51% of small business owners are over 50 years old, while only 16% are under 35.
- More than 50% of small businesses now have a CFO or controller managing their accounts.
- The IRS audited just 0.5% of S Corporations and Partnerships in 2012.
- In 2014, the IRS assessed $2.1 billion in civil penalties against business income tax filers.
- Of the 1.09 million penalties assessed by the IRS, 47% were for delinquent payment, while less than 0.5% were for inaccuracy.
From start-ups to established companies, businesses rely on accurate financial information in order to maintain profitability and capitalize on new opportunities. Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to identify and fix any discrepancies so your books are accurate. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, the core of your company’s financial records, a problem with your general ledger throws off all of your books.
As a small business owner, you have more important things to do than keep your own books. Marvin and Company, P.C. provides small business accounting services to guide you in the direction of your goals and help you get back to focusing your efforts on building and growing your business.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Initial setup consultation
- General Ledger set-up and/or review
- Software training services
- Monthly or Quarterly QuickBooks review
- Financial Statement preparation
- Customized budgeting or analysis reports
- Monthly account reconciliation
- Cash flow analysis
- Best practice recommendations
At Marvin and Company, P.C. we understand the importance of your time and resources; with our expertise, we can partner with you to find the best services that align with the specific needs of your company. We’ll help you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide.
Popular QuickBooks Online Features…
- Sync your books to your bank for easy posting and monitoring of activity
- Send professional customized invoices
- Generate quick and easy reports for management or board packets
- Manage and pay bills
- Automatic online backups
- Multiple users can access simultaneously, including Marvin staff to help resolve issues, answer questions, and walk you through the solution
How Can Marvin and Company Help You?
- Are you using the version that is best for your company and industry?
- Are you entering and paying your bills in the most efficient manner?
- Are you regularly monitoring your activity?
- Are you using the best reports for your needs?
- Are you aware of the free apps that can be linked to your account?
- Are you ready for your audit or tax return to be prepared?