Marvin and Company Adds New Team Members and Promotes Eight
Posted on: 1/30/18 by
Kathleen E. Kirvin
Marvin and Company, P.C., one of the Capital Region’s leading accounting, auditing, taxation and management consulting firms, is pleased to announce the expansion of its exemplary staff with the addition of two new team members, three new tax interns, and several staff promotions .
“Marvin and Company is excited to welcome Syed and Lucas to our staff; Zoey, Maddy and Christianna to our tax intern team; and Alexa to our marketing intern team. Additionally, we’re proud and appreciative of the hard work of our promoted staff,” said Director Kevin O’Leary, CPA. “These professionals will help enhance our firm by providing a fresh prospective and elevating the quality of services we provide. Our newest additions will help us better serve our clients and community alike.”
- Syed Hussnain: Syed joins the firm as an Assurance Associate. He is a Siena College graduate with an MA in Accounting. Syed previously interned with Sickler, Torchia, Allen & Churchill CPAs. He is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi, he also studied Russian for five years. Syed hopes to complete all parts of the CPA Exam by the end of the year.
- Lucas Madonna: As a past Marvin and Company intern, Lucas is thrilled to be starting a full time Staff Level 1/Tax Associate position in the Latham Tax department. Lucas earned his BA in Accounting from SUNY Albany. Most recently, he worked as a Billing and Revenue Analyst with Autotask.
- Shuirong “Zoey” Zhu: Zoey is currently pursuing her Master’s in Accounting from the College of Saint Rose, where she also received her BA in Accounting. She served as treasurer of the Tau Sigma National Honor Society while at Saint Rose. She currently works as an Accounting Assistant with Nhan and Company LLC. She also participated in the VITA program through Saint Rose and speaks fluent Mandarin.
- Madeleine Fitzgerald: Maddy is a senior Accounting student at Siena College where she is on the Dean’s List and the recipient of a Presidential Scholarship. She has previously worked as an Athletic Communications Assistant at Siena College; a School Age Child Care provider with Ballston Area Community Center; Hostess at Red Robin Restaurant; Buffet Runner at Gideon Putnam Hotel; and Religious Education Teacher at St. Mary’s School. She is very active in the community volunteering for the Red Cross, the Siena Serves Community organization and within her local church.
- Christianna Halek: Christianna is enrolled in the Accounting BA program at Siena College and is expected to graduate in May. She currently works as a New Hire Educator/Medical Records Associate with the Ophthalmic Consultants of the Capital Region (OCCR). She has HR experience with OCCR and accounting experience with D&D Power. She previously worked as an intern with the Hrdlicka Law Firm.
- Geordan Niles: Geordan is a senior Accounting student at The College of Saint Rose. He previously worked as a tax intern with Ayco, a Vita Tax Assistant with NYS OTDA, Maintenance Worker with the Town of Ulster and as an Office Assistant at Saint Rose. He is a founding executive member of the Huether School of Business Club at Saint Rose and served as secretary.
- Alexa Carrascal: Alexa is a graduate of SUNY Oswego where she earned her BA in public relations with a concentration in public affairs. She was a member of the Dean’s List and graduated Cum Laude. She is currently working at Gap Inc. She previously worked as a social media/marketing intern for SUNY Oswego and as a public relations intern for Baker Public Relations. She speaks fluent Spanish.
In addition to the new hires, Marvin and Company, P.C. has promoted numerous staff members for their exceptional efforts in 2017. In our Latham office, Julie Lewis, Alex Khutsko and Phil Zdanowski were all promoted to Level II/Assurance Associate, Jennifer Menard and Sean Daley were promoted to In-Charge/Senior Assurance Associate, Tom Piraino was promoted to Assurance Supervisor, Josh Mabee was promoted Assurance Manager, and Deb Smith was promoted to Principal.
About Marvin and Company P.C.
Now in its 10th decade and celebrating 95 years in business, Marvin and Company P.C., named one of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Top Workplaces in the Capital Region by the Albany Times Union, is a Capital Region-based firm offering services in accounting, auditing, taxation and management consulting to individuals, partnerships, corporations, governmental units and non-profit organizations. For more information, visit www.marvincpa.com, or call 518-785-0134.